World Cup 2006 is a comprehensive planning application for the 2006 Football World Cup in Germany. Its features include:
- All teams, groups and matches
- Group tables and results on a single page
- Automatic sorting of groups based on official FIFA rules for the tournament
- Automatic promotion of teams to the next phase
- Wireless download of news and results
Group StagesTap on a match to display the match screen. Enter the score in the boxes provided and then select “Done”. The group table will then be sorted automatically, based on the FIFA rules for the tournament. If two or more teams are level on points, then their order is determined as follows:
- Goal difference in all games
- Goals scored in all games
If two or more teams are still level, then their order is determined as follows:
- Points gained in matches between the teams in question
- Goal difference in matches between the teams in question
- Goals scored in matches between the teams in question
If two or more teams are still level, then the order is determined using criteria defined by FIFA (e.g. fair-play record, qualifying record for World Cup etc). One method available to FIFA is to separate teams by drawing lots. The Group > Draw Lots screen in the application will allow teams to progress on this basis.
Note: the application does not cater for extraordinary circumstances such as teams being docked points. Should this happen, the group order can be forced by using the Group > Force Order screen. This screen should only be used as a last resort. In virtually all normal circumstances, the automatic ordering will be correct.